I’m a capricorn. I don’t really know much about my zodiac sign but I try to check my horoscope alot.
1. My actual first name is KATY, not Katherine or Kathleen or Katelyn. It really bugs me when people ask me if my real name is Katherine and it especially pisses me off if I get called Katherine because people think my name isn’t actually Katy. And the fact that I have the hardest time finding things with my name on it really pisses me off. But I like that my name is so unique and it is spelled uniquely as well. Thanks Mom and Dad.
2. I have a younger sister named Erica. If you saw her and I together you would probably think she is older than me. She is like 5’ 6” and wears a size 11 shoe.
3. My dogs name is Shemp. My dad named him that because he said he already lives with the 3 Stooges that he needed to name his dog after the lost 4th Stooge.
4. I love having a big family. My cousins are like my brothers and sisters. We are that close. I want to have a big family when I get married. I’m thinking at least 3 kids.
5. I love that my mom owns a flower shop. My favorite flowers are roses.
6. I’m really lazy and sometimes it bothers me but 85% of the time it doesn’t. Is that bad?
7. I’m jewish and I actually really like being jewish. I like celebrating the holidays with my family. I really couldn’t see myself being anything else.
8. I have kiddy crushes on all of One Direction, Justin Bieber, Taylor Lautner, and Hunter Parrish.
9. My grandma has a condo in Hallendale, FL and I used to go there from the middle of June to the end of August. Last summer we went to the condo for 12 days. It made me sad. I love it down there.
10. I love small towns. Everything about a small town makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I guess I’m a sap for the sense of comfort that a small town brings and the beauty that they always have. Chautauqua, NY and all the little towns around it are so beautiful.
11. I love music. Right now I switch between the Ray LaMontagne and the Dirty Heads and Rome Pandora station. I’m on a reggae rock kick now a days but I am always in the mood for Ray. I really do like most types of music. In high school, I was a closet ghetto hoodrat and I still kind of am.
12. I am a morning person as much as it may not seem like it at times. I am so energized in the morning once I get going. I naturally wake up around 8 or 9 and if I get out of bed, I may go back to sleep for an hour but thats about it. Last year sometimes I would wake up at 1 pm. I don’t know how I did that!!
13. I love waking up to the sun shining on me. It makes me so happy and makes me smile.
14. I just got my passport this summer. I yet to use it and I am itching to use it. I could even just go to Niagra Falls and I would be totally okay with it. I went to Toronto the spring before you needed a passport to get over the boarder. I want to go to Europe. I want to see the world!
15. My mother is a cleaning FREAK and unfortunately it has rubbed off on me. I noticed it this year more than ever. My freshman year of school I was somewhat of a clean freak but this school year I am finding I am a lazy clean freak. I would say that the definition of a lazy clean freak is someone who sees something that is dirty, realizes that it’s dirty, complains that something is dirty, knows that they should do something about the filth, but then decides that they will clean it up later or until they can’t stand it anymore. One of my new year’s resolutions is to be less of a “lazy” clean freak.
16. I like to socialize with my parents friends. It makes me feel like my age. Whenever we go out for dinner or to parties I always find myself spending time with my parents friends over adults my age.
17. I just turned 20 and I just want to be 21 already. It is killing me inside. I think it’s so weird that I can call myself an adult now. It freaks me out.
18. I am afraid of the dark and death.
19. I have my cartilage pierced and I want a tattoo but if I got one my parents would disown me.
20. My favorite ice cream flavor right now is Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch by Ben and Jerry’s.
21. My hebrew name is Nachem Kayla. I am named after my grandpa Norman.
22. I am 50% Polish, 25% Russian, 25% Lithuanian.
23. I want a boyfriend and it is taking everything in me to try not to find a boyfriend and to let him find me. I hate being lonely.
24. My best friend and I fight like we are sisters and we spend basically 15 hours of our day together.
25. I am a daddies girl and my sister is definitely a mommas girl. There is a huge devision in our household.
26. I have scoliosis. My curve is 46 degrees and is between my shoulder blades. It doesn’t affect my daily life and I have hardly any pain from it. I am very open about it. I think it makes me more of an individual. If I tell someone about it they always want to see it and I am always more than happy to show it to them.
27. I definitely appreciate the finer things in life. Some would say I’m high maintenance and some may say I’m spoiled but I really don’t care. I love being pampered. I love shopping. Girly things. I guess me being materialistic would fit into this category as well.
28. I am obsessed with hamsa’s and evil eyes. I really like jewish jewelry.
29. Luckily I have only broken fingers and toes and I have only had to get stitches 3 times in my life (knock on wood). But unfortunately I have the weakest immune system known to man.
30. I cannot cook if my life depended on it. I am the queen of grilled cheese, eggs, cereal, and mac and cheese. I really wish I could cook though. Sometimes I get nervous because I think about the future and how I am going to have to feed my family. I don’t want my children to be malnourished because I can’t cook them anything.
I never really thought about ending my own life. I could never really do that. I think I have to much stuff I look forward to doing in my life. I’ve had low points, I’m at a pretty low point right now, but I don’t think I could go through with ending my life.
I’m jewish. I went to sunday school, hebrew school, and SAJS. I was bat-mitzvahed and confirmed. I think I went through all the schooling just to make my parents, especially my dad, proud because I really hated going through all that schooling. Sometimes I think religion is a big social event, at least in the reformed and conservative jewish world.
I wouldn’t say that I exactly believe that there is a G-d that exists and that a higher being controls everything we do. I believe in evolution, not creation. But I like that religion gives us a sense of being and joins a group of people together. So I guess you could say that I’m a believer when I want to be.
Today I went to the Andy Warhol Museum to see the current exhibit that is there, which is Marilyn Monroe: Life as a Legend. When I was there I learned about photographer Eve Arnold. She photographed Monroe and I loved her work.
I’m not against drugs and alcohol. I just feel like you need to be responsible and smart when you decide to partake in the consumption of alcohol or drugs. I feel like people should know what they are getting into before they get into it that way they can’t blame anything on anyone when they realize what they have done. I feel like most people, at some point in their lives, are going to use some sort of drug or drink just because of curiosity. Humans are curios people.
I really don’t like those people who say they have never done a drug in their life because I guarantee you that they have drank soda or coffee loaded with caffeine and caffeine is a drug in my book.